Saturday 19 December 2009

New Years Resolutions...


I've always carried a little A6 sized notebook with me, I find it so useful to be able to take it out at any time and fill it with random ideas/buys and general thoughts.

I had a read through old pages and previous brainstorming, most of my pages are listed with make up items with ticks all over them (never a good sign!!!) but the stuff I've left out is clothes I've wanted to buy. One thing that has really been bothering me over the last few months is my fashion tastes are changing, and I no longer want to wear my bright red polka dot dress, and dress like a vintage dolly, therefore most of my outfits have become redundant. Therefore I am taking a new approach in 2010. Towards fashion, and everything.

This brings me to my new years resolution is going to be the year of, well me,sticking to what works for me.. I know that sounds utterly ridiculous, every year is about me, but this year I am going to be completely selfish and concentrate on things I want for myself, and what I want to achieve.

  • I'm going to stop jumping from one choice to another. I'm terrible at keeping to my decisions and am always so motivated to do something new but after a couple of months the novelty wears off and there I am back at square one. But again this resolution is redundant if my next one doesn't happen.
  • I'm going to decide what I want to do with my life. Try things out and actually encourage myself to keep trying, I don't expect it to click into place but I do want at least have an idea by the end of 2010, as I can't keep on depending on things just 'happening', I have to make them happen. I know that sounds terribly chiched, but I do hope I stick to this one.
  • To stop buying things because 'theyre so in right now'. Buying things I will wear or use again and again. This goes for fashion and cosmetics. some of my cosmetic choices have been questionable (black cream colour base, when was this ever going to be a good idea for someone who loves corals???!) therefore I have to start looking at things as investments, I'm not claiming that i'm going to be completely sensible, now that would be boring, but to be honest with myself and think, 'will I actually use it'.
  • Make choices because they are right for me. I am forever making choices because they are better for everyone else, and always stressing myself out at the end of it, don't want to do that anymore.
  • Shoes, bags, and STUFF. But only if I deserve it!!

I am aware this sounds incredibly self centred, it's all about me, but I did warn you!!

What do you all want in 2010? I know we are a couple of weeks away, it's because I don't want a reply unless you've had time to sit down and think about it. I tag you all. :)

Thank you all for your time,

Mwah! x

1 comment:

  1. This doesnt sound self centred babe! theyre your new years resolutions so of course they need to be about you!
    I love your resolutions and totally agree with most of them, especially the thinking about if you would use an item before buying it!
    great post darling!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, please leave me a comment!